The APA Division 52 International Scholars Student Membership Scholarship provides a one-year APA Division 52 student membership for international psychology students in the US and for psychology students outside of the US. The goal is to promote international student access and engagement in the activities of APA Division 52, while promoting greater global awareness and fostering international connections.
This is a needs-based scholarship for students who otherwise would not be able to join Division 52. Division 52 will offer ten International Scholars Student Membership Scholarships per year for 2022, 2023 and 2024.
All applicants must be current psychology students. Applicants can be
- international psychology students studying in the United States
- psychology students living outside of the United States.
Students at any degree level (undergraduate, graduate) are encouraged to apply.
Student Membership Scholarship recipients will be selected based on their online application, including a biosketch (or biography) and responses to questions about why they want to join Division 52 and what they will contribute to Division 52 (format can be written, video, song, art).
Note: English proficiency is not a factor in determining scholarship recipients.
February 15, 2022
December 5, 2023
December 5, 2024
About APA Division 52
International Psychology seeks to develop a psychological science and practice that is contextually informed, culturally inclusive, serves the public interest and promotes global perspectives within and outside of the American Psychological Association (APA). The Division of International Psychology (Division 52) represents the interestsof all psychologists who foster international connections among psychologists, engage in multicultural research or practice, apply psychological principles to the development of public policy or are otherwise concerned with individual and group consequences of global events.
Benefits of APA Division 52 Student Membership
- Network with peers globally who are interested in psychology
- Participate in Division 52 Student Committee and its activities
- Attend international psychology workshops and events
- Join Division 52 working groups and committees
- Run for student leadership positions
- Partner with senior international psychology professionals
- Learn about opportunities through Division 52 listserv and Division 52 student listserv
- Apply for student awards:
- Anastasi Graduate Student Research Award
- Jean Lau Chin Award for Outstanding Graduate Student in International Leadership Contributions
- Student International Research Award
- Opportunities to publish in Division 52 newsletter
- Gain leadership skills and international psychology competence
Required information includes:
- Completed online application form:
- Name, contact information, attestation about scholarship need
- Biosketch or biography
- Statements of interest:
- What do you hope to gain from joining APA Division 52 International Psychology as a student member? (no more than 200 words or 2 minutes in audio/video length)
- What do you hope to contribute to APA Division 52 International Psychology as a student member? (no more than 200 words or 2 minutes in audio/video length)
Note: Statements of interest may be submitted as any of the following: a type-written document (in any language with English translation), a video or audio clip (in any language with English subtitles or transcript), a song (in any language with English subtitles or transcript) with brief explanation (approximately 50-100 words in English), a piece of art with a brief explanation (approximately 50-100 words in English), or another modality with approval from the scholarship committee.
Please contact Award’s Chair Daniel Balva with questions.